lundi 15 juin 2020

Life Purpose from Mark Manson’s view

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson (Indonesian Version)


Last night,
I watched Mark Manson’s IG TV and I found a very interesting videos, one that make me feel struck the most is about ‘Life Purpose’

Mark Manson is an author. A prominent writer. I have one of his book, The Art of Not Giving a F**k and I plan to buy the other book which is Everything is F*cked, A Book About Hope.

His writing style is very honest and interesting for me. His book talks about life. It’s considered as self-development book if you go to book store. And it’s surely is.

Well, back to his IG TV, I found some videos, I watched all of them (there are 4 videos) and I think the Life Purpose is the most memorable one for me.

In that video, he said that Life Purpose is something that we enjoy doing. If we do thing wholeheartedly, it means that we do something purposeful. That’s it.

I’m blown away by that simplicity.

You know, people go here and there, thinking, spending many times asking theirselves about what we are doing, what their life purpose is, what the meaning of their life. (It’s honestly what I’ve been thinking recently).

And there it is. The answer that we’ve been looking for. Or I’m looking for. Out of many things, Mark Manson has a very simple yet thoughtful answer that I can’t find myself.

It’s said that all answers are within (I read it somewhere). It might be true. We might tend to look outside or externally to figure out things without trying to look inside first. And that’s why we get lost most of the times. That’s why we don’t or can’t find the right answer. It’s because we look for it at the wrong place.

It’s just my opinion and I’m really glad and inspired by Mark Manson’s words. I wrote this to remind myself (in case one day I’m lost and forget about this).


As i write this, i remember that someone told me or i read it somewhere that "The time that you spent to enjoy the things, it's NOT wasted." 

So, I hope that you  I will always remember that life is a journey. You  I don’t have to figure everything out very soon. Negative feeling like : sadness, disappointment or worry, it’s normal. Accept the feeling. It’s okay to not feel okay about what happen(happened). When you enjoy the journey, when you enjoy things that you do, the work that you do, the moment that you have, that’s when you have purposeful life. Appreciate it. Don’t be complicated. Or don’t make it complicated.


Images sources :
1. Personal Collection
2. From Google 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire